Saturday, December 18, 2010

Video View!

The first video here is of one of the last fish we caught, off the coast of Nicaragua. I knew it was something big when I heard the reel pay out like it did, and then as soon as I made it to the top of the steps I saw it jump. Amanda was a bit beside herself and didn't think we could land it. It put up a serious fight, jumping and running this way and that. A few fun facts, sailfish can reach speeds of 63 MPH, and they grow 4 to 5 feet in their first year of life. I've never seen such anamazing fish. We were able to release it fairly easily once we'd gotten it alongside. A crazy experience, but...no dorado, no dinner.




I've been collecting surf clips for a while now in the hopes of putting together something more substantial. Here's a short compilation of clips from Cronkite and Ralph's in California, and a few of the small but perfect waves we found at San Juanico, Baja.



1 comment: